Bueno de Mesquita earned his BA degree from Queens College, New York in 1967 and then his MA and Ph.D. from the University of Michigan. He specializes in international relations, foreign policy, and nation building. He is one of the authors of the selectorate theory, and is also the director of New York University's Alexander Hamilton Center for Political Economy. Known for his impressive prognosticating, Professor Omar Keshk at The Ohio State University referred to him as "The modern day Nostradamus."
He has founded a company, Mesquita & Roundell, that specializes in making political and foreign-policy forecasts. Bueno de Mesquita is discussed in an August 16, 2009 Sunday New York Times magazine article entitled Can Game Theory Predict When Iran Will Get the Bomb?. He is also the subject of a History channel two-hour episode entitled "The Next Nostradamus".
- Bruce Bueno de Mesquita, The Dictator's Handbook: Why Bad Behavior is Almost Always Good Politics, Random House, 2011. 272
- Bruce Bueno de Mesquita, The Predictioneer's Game: Using the Logic of Brazen Self-Interest to See and Shape the Future, Random House, 2009. 272 ISBN 1-4000-6787-1
- Bruce Bueno de Mesquita; Kiron K. Skinner, Serhiy Kudelia, Condoleezza Rice, The Strategy of Campaigning: Lessons from Ronald Reagan and Boris Yeltsin , Ann Arbor, University of Michigan Press, 2007. 356 ISBN 978-0-472-03319-5
- Bruce Bueno de Mesquita, The War Trap, New Haven, Yale University Press, 1981. 226 ISBN 0-300-03091-6
- Bruce Bueno de Mesquita; Alastair Smith, Randolph M. Siverson, James D. Morrow, The Logic of Political Survival, Cambridge, MIT Press, 2003. 480 ISBN 0-262-52440-6
- Predicting Politics. Columbus, OH: Ohio State University Press, 2002.
- Forecasting Political Events: The Future of Hong Kong (with David Newman and Alvin Rabushka). New Haven: Yale University Press, 1985.
- ↑ 1,0 1,1 "Bruce Bueno de Mesquita". Leigh Bureau. http://www.leighbureau.com/speaker.asp?id=477. Retrieved 12 May 2011.
- ↑ Rehmeyer, Julie. "Mathematical Fortune-Telling". ScienceNews. http://www.sciencenews.org/view/generic/id/9041/title/Math_Trek__Mathematical_Fortune-Telling. Retrieved 12 May 2011.
- ↑ Thompson, Clive (12 Aug 2009). "Can Game Theory Predict When Iran Will Get the Bomb?". New York Times. http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/16/magazine/16Bruce-t.html. Retrieved 12 May 2011.
- Bruce Bueno de Mesquita's under faculty at NYU
- Bruce Bueno de Mesquita's biography at Hoover
- To See The Future, Use The Logic Of Self-Interest - NPR audio clip
- Critique: Compilation of publications that criticize Bueno de Mesquita's theories
Nostradamus Wikia in other languagesModifica
- Bruce Bueno de Mesquita (english)
- Bruce Bueno de Mesquita (castellano)
- Bruce Bueno de Mesquita (italiano)