Le Credenze religiose dei presidenti degli Stati Uniti d'America possono influenzare la loro eleggibilità, modellare le loro posizioni in materia di politica e le loro visioni della società e anche come vogliono condurlo.
- ↑ http://www.pbs.org/godinamerica/people/thomas-jefferson.html
- ↑ https://www.monticello.org/site/research-and-collections/jeffersons-religious-beliefs
- ↑ 3,0 3,1 "Religion of Ulysses S Grant, U.S. President". http://www.adherents.com/people/pg/Ulysses_Grant.html.
- ↑ Mattera, Jason (March 14, 2011). "Trump Unplugged". Human Events. http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=42268. Retrieved March 16, 2011.
- ↑ * "American President: Barack Obama". Charlottesville, VA: Miller Center of Public Affairs, University of Virginia. 2009. Archived from the original on January 23, 2009. http://millercenter.org/academic/americanpresident/obama. Retrieved January 23, 2009. "Religion: Christian"
- "The Truth about Barack's Faith". Obama for America. Archived from the original on January 5, 2011. https://web.archive.org/web/20110105040018/http://www.fightthesmears.com/file_download/2/baracksfaith.pdf. Retrieved July 1, 2012.
- Miller, Lisa (July 18, 2008). "Finding his faith". Newsweek. Archived from the original on February 6, 2010. http://www.newsweek.com/id/145971. Retrieved February 4, 2010. "He is now a Christian, having been baptized in the early 1990s at Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago."
- Barakat, Matthew (November 17, 2008). "Obama's church choice likely to be scrutinized; D.C. churches have started extending invitations to Obama and his family". Associated Press. MSNBC. Archived from the original on January 24, 2009. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27775757. Retrieved January 20, 2009. "The United Church of Christ, the denomination from which Obama resigned when he left Wright's church, issued a written invitation to join a UCC denomination in Washington and resume his connections to the church."
- "Barack Obama, long time UCC member, inaugurated forty-fourth U.S. President". United Church of Christ. January 20, 2009. Archived from the original on January 25, 2009. http://www.ucc.org/news/obama-inauguration.html. Retrieved January 21, 2009. "Barack Obama, who spent more than 20 years as a UCC member, is the forty-fourth President of the United States."
- Sullivan, Amy (June 29, 2009). "The Obama's find a church home – away from home". Time (New York). http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1907610,00.html. Retrieved February 5, 2010. "instead of joining a congregation in Washington, D.C., he will follow in George W. Bush's footsteps and make his primary place of worship Evergreen Chapel, the nondenominational church at Camp David."
- Kornblut, Anne E. (February 4, 2010). "Obama's spirituality is largely private, but it's influential, advisers say". The Washington Post: p. A6. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/02/03/AR2010020303619.html. Retrieved February 5, 2010. "Obama prays privately ... And when he takes his family to Camp David on the weekends, a Navy chaplain ministers to them, with the daughters attending a form of Sunday school there."
- ↑ 6,0 6,1 "The religion of Rutherford B. Hayes, 19th U.S. President". http://www.adherents.com/people/ph/Rutherford_B_Hayes.html.
- ↑ 1615 L. Street, NW, Suite 800 Washington, DC 20036 202 419 4300 | Main 202 419 4349 | Fax 202 419 4372 | Media Inquiries. The Religious Affiliations of U.S. Presidents. 2009-01-15. URL consultato il 2017-02-04.
- ↑ "Religion of Andrew Johnson, U.S. President". http://www.adherents.com/people/pj/Andrew_Johnson.html.
- ↑ Mary T. Lincoln to James Smith, June 8, 1870, in Robert J. Havlik, "Abraham Lincoln and the Reverend Dr. James Smith: Lincoln's Presbyterian experience of Springfield," Journal of the Illinois State Historical Society (Autumn, 1999) online
- ↑ Errore script quoting Phineas Gurley
- ↑ Errore script Noah Brooks to J.A. Reed, December 31, 1872
- ↑ Franklin Steiner, Abraham Lincoln, Deist, and Admirer of Thomas Paine in Religious Beliefs of Our Presidents , , 1936. URL consultato il 2010-05-31.
- Linea di successione presidenziale negli Stati Uniti d'America
- Presidenti degli Stati Uniti d'America per durata
- Presidenti degli Stati Uniti d'America per ricchezza
- Precedente occupazione dei presidenti degli Stati Uniti d'America
Voce Credenze_religiose_dei_presidenti_degli_Stati_Uniti_d'America di Wikipedia in italiano (base per questa voce)