I, Pet Goat II is a 2012 Canadian animated short film written, directed, produced and edited by Louis Lefebvre. The film features a commentary on American society and politics, particularly the agendas of presidents George W. Bush and Barack Obama, with allusions to Biblical theology and Egyptian imagery in a post-apocalyptic setting. The title is a reference to The Pet Goat (often erroneously referred to as My Pet Goat), the book children at Emma Booker School in Sarasota, Florida read to President Bush at the time of the September 11 attacks which ends stating "more to come". The film is known for its strong use of cryptic symbolism and the conspiracy allusions.
Louis Lefebvre began production on I, Pet Goat II in 2006. By 2008, he had established his studio, Heliofant, in Montreal, Quebec, employing various 3D animators, and the Tanuki Project who scored the film. Lefebvre predominantly used Autodesk Maya, V-Ray, FumeFX and RealFlow software for rendering sprites and animation. I, Pet Goat II was released on June 24, 2012.
I, Pet Goat II won the following awards:
- Ocelot Robot Film Festival 2012 - Best Short Film
- Fubiz - Best of 2012 (14th of 100)
- The Future of Animation - The Short of the Week Award
- 4th International Animated Short Film Festival “Ciné court animé” (Roanne) - 3D Movie Creation Best Film Distinction
- Bitfilm Festival - 3D Film Award
- Toronto Animation Arts Festival International
- Short Shorts Film Festival & Asia 2013
- 20th Granada Short film festival - International Competition
- ↑ "I, pet goat II". Vimeo. 2012-06-24. http://vimeo.com/44583147.
- ↑ "HELIOFANT _I, pet goat II". Heliofant.com. http://www.heliofant.com/media.html.
- Template:Official website
- Template:IMDb title
- "I, Pet Goat II" By Heliofant - Cartoon Brew
- I, Pet Goat II - Short of the Week
- I, Pet Goat II - Motionographer